Back-end medior/senior PHP developer (m/f)
Skylegs offers a Back-End Developer job. The professional will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Skylegs is a successful Belgian company founded by three commercial pilots with one goal: boost aviation growth by connecting and backing all players involved.
After all, we all share the same sky and by working together we can achieve great things.
A lot of hard work later, Skylegs is a growing team of developers, engineers, and pilots.
A unique blend but we all share the same passion; aviation and technology.
Like a plane needs its fuel to fly, we need YOU to take our company to the next step!
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability;
- Implementation of security and data protection;
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions;
- Experience with development management methods like SCRUM and agile. You are a strong believer.
Skills And Qualifications
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance GDPR
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language PHP
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Experience with frameworks like Laravel, Symphony, AngularJs,…
- At least a bachelor or master degree in IT or similar by experience and interests
Skylegs team works from different parts of the world (see below). The work location is flexible, so feel free to apply from wherever you are.
Antwerp (headquarters), Ghent, and Kortrijk – Belgium
Wroclaw – Poland
Vancouver Island, and Winnipeg – Canada