Backend medior/senior PHP developer (m/f)
Skylegs is a successful Belgian company founded by three commercial pilots with one goal; boost aviation growth by connecting and backing all players involved.
After all, we all share the same sky and by working together we can achieve great things.
A lot of hard work later, Skylegs is a growing team of developers, engineers and commercial pilots.
A unique blend but we all share the same passion; aviation and technology.
Like a plane needs its fuel to fly, we need YOU to take our company to the next step!
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer whom will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
– Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic;
– Building reusable code and libraries for future use;
– Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability;
– Implementation of security and data protection;
– Design and implementation of data storage solutions;
– Experience with development management methods like SCRUM and agile. You are a strong believer.
Skills And Qualifications
– Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
– Understanding accessibility and security compliance GDPR
– Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
– Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language PHP
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
– Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
– Experience with frameworks like Laravel, Symphony, AngularJs,…
– At least a bachelor or master degree in IT or similar by experience and interests
Antwerp (airport) – Belgium
Lödz/Wroclaw – Poland